• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPR

SteveH

CCO Club Member
MTA Student
Should I get CPR certified along with my CPC?
What other certs are recommended?
Thanks guys,
Steve

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CPR as in Cardio Pulmonary Resusitation? I don't think that would be a requirement for a coding position although I feel all should be CPR certified.

As far as other certifications it really depends on what you're interested in. Some get into a specialty like cardio or radiology b/c it interested them and they go after the specialty credentials for that. Others like auditing or the compliance aspect of things and go for those credentials.

So as you're studying for your CPC see what resonates with you or see where there is a need for a particular specialty in your area or for remote coding and make it YOUR niche.

Happy Studying!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
There is a reimbursement company that is called CPR that I have heard of. Someone mentioned it at the conference. I don't think it is a certification though. Like Laureen said, CPR for most people is going to be CPR for critical care. When I Goggled it I think they are called Comprehensive Professional Reimbursement.

Our billing course is excellent and might be the way you want to go if reimbursement is what you are thinking. Otherwise, yes go get your CPR card. All hospitals will require you have it but they will offer their own training. :)

SteveH

CCO Club Member
MTA Student
CPR as in Cardio Pulmonary Resusitation. Sorry I should have been more clear. As you know I am new to this and I am looking forward to whatever challenges await. Just wanted to know what else I should be doing as I'm studying.

Thanks guys!!
Steve

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I talked to my advisor at school a few weeks ago about obtaining CPR certification and he says that he thinks that everyone in the medical field should be certified in CPR. I signed up for the next 3-hour CPR certification class and will take the next time it is offer.